Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

#1 Spring Pastels

OK Here goes my next challenge. Still wondering why I decided to this, and then I look at the manis and get excited so here goes nothing! Side Note: The first challenge I did I lost interest after the third mani. Sadly, I tend to lose interest quickly on stuff. Not sure how I'm managing to even keep this blog going considering I don't have a great blog track record. Anyway, I digress.

And the challenge is...

April Showers Bring May Flowers 
hosted by: Polished Prisms

I created a pastel mani (the dotted easter eggs) right about the time this challenge commenced but didn't know about it yet. I debated whether to back track or create another pastel mani and decided to start fresh as I felt like it was kinda cheating otherwise. I'm soooooo glad I did! I finally did a sponge mani and it was so easy and fun! Yay!



I started with Yellow on Ring and Thumb and Silver on index, middle, and pinky and then sponged purple and pink on all of them. 

Side note: if any of you have followed anything about my quest so make my nails better (I swear I will have another post with reviews of what I'm using, one of these days) I started this blog with ugly peeling nails and the nails are getting better but my cuticles are rigged and need some more help. Unfortunately I don't have time to do the cuticle remover more than about once a week. I try to use Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream every day but that doesn't always happen. Anyways, my question for you all is- Any suggestions for making my cuticles prettier? I trim them- is that bad?

OK peeps! Until next time :) 

Other April Showers Bring May Flowers Bloggers
Amanda from Mandy's Polish
Heidi from DIY Polish & More!
Katee from A Girl and Her Polish 
Charlotte from Charlotte's Nails
Tess from Football and Fingernails
Karine at Karinea0a
Victoria from Manicurator
Ashley from One Nail To Another
Dani from Rustic Comfort
Sue from Creative Nail Design by Sue
Amanda from Counting Down to Bliss
Kayono from Neues vom Kellerkind
Sarah from All This Polish
April from Munia's Nails
Sharra from The Blahg
Jess from Nearly Natural Nails

2 comments:

  1. Moisturize! Just putting lotion on your hands after you wash them helps loads. My mom does that a lot, and her cuticles are so nice! I, myself, do it only when my hands are especially dry because I hate how lotion feels on my hands and I feel like I can't touch anything...but even then, you can just rub lotion into the back of your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sponging! I think that trimming your cuticles can make it more difficult for them to look pretty, but I'm not positive. I know for sure that trimming them makes the skin grow back tougher. I use Burts Bees too, but my cuticles are never perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love reading them. Please do not use this space to solicit for your blog. I love to check out new blogs and can do so through the link provided with your name. Thanks!