Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Girly Girl: Think Pink

Feels like forever since I've posted! I've seen people doing challenges all over the blogesphere and really wanted to do one but I only paint my nails about twice a week. (Although its verging on 2x a week!) I came across this one and it only requires 2x/wk so its perfect! And its short, just 4 wks! This First one calls for your favorite pink and I brought out the pink that started it all. China Glaze: Emotion. But more on this story later. Let's get to the pics!

Round 1
Here I tried a nail art pen for flowers. I'm a bit afraid of the dotting tool as you can see on my ring finger it didn't go so well. :(


Round 2
The Nail Art Pen rubbed right off and you couldn't see it so I brought out my silver foil polish and my new dotting tool (again) and had another try.


Round 3
The Holo in my last pic didn't want to show itself. It's currently cloudy outside so the camera wasn't picking it up. So here's an indoor pic! I freaking love this Holo Polish! (And since I'm a big fan of the accent finger I figured it was the perfect polish to accentuate the pink!) In this pic I added another layer of Holo over the fail flower.


Overall I love the color combination but I'm not very good at this art thing so I will just have to keep practicing ;) I'm not talented at taking pics of polish and so my colors are way off.

Polishes
Pink: China Glaze: Emotion
Holo: OPI DS Coronation
Silver Flowers: Nicole by OPI: Give Me the First Dance

As Always I'm a big fan of feedback and helpful hints :)

OK Peeps! Here is the Challenge and the others participating! 



Stephanie of A Little Polish

Kelly of DevilishPolish

Jodi of Captivating Claws

Danielle of Lacquer Lover

Elly of Polishable

Olivia of Unprofessional Nails

Kate of This Charming Kate

Bethany of  A Plethora of Nails

Lizzy of The Do It Yourself Lady

Eugenia of Talon-ted

Johanna of Neues vom Kellerkind

Amanda of Nox Nails

Ashley of Smashley Sparkles

Sarah of See Sarah Swatch

Emily of The Lacquerologist

Jess of LuvMyLacquer

Tressa of O' Natur Nail


ChiChi of I'm just me...ChiChi 


Amanda of Berry Polished 

Robin, Erin, and Anna of Polished Cousins

Bonny of Over Stuffed 

Taylor of REJOICE! 


Woot! 



9 comments:

  1. Looks good. I always seem to get too much polish on my nails with dotting tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your DS dots! So happy to be doing this challenge with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! What a lovely shimmery pink and the olo looks fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!

    New to your blog, and Yes, It's perfect that this challenge is 2 manis/week.

    Glad to be doing this with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love reading them. Please do not use this space to solicit for your blog. I love to check out new blogs and can do so through the link provided with your name. Thanks!